As a proud sponsor of Spark, Alleasing is pleased to share this year’s finalists in the $100k Challenge:
- ALFRED is a mobile-enabled personal medical alarm with biometric data interpretation and automatic fail detection capabilities. The device is designed to empower its user with confidence for independent living.
- BreathHero is developing a novel chest physiotherapy (CPT) device for children that uses sensors and gaming technology to make CPT a motivating and entertaining experience.
- CanaryEye aims to improve water sustainability on farms by monitoring and detecting water leaks.
- Critter Farms NZ is a sustainable agriculture company using insects to enable a shift away from our dependence on land for food.
- Dream Construction features new construction techniques aimed at minimising the loss of life and property stemming from flood disasters in Vietnam’s Mekong River Delta.
- Gr8escape is a smartphone app for motorcyclists, gr8escape aims to deliver a better and safer ride experience through head-up display and smart devices that connect to its IoT platform.
- Green Spot / Not The End is developing Proteina, a low fat, low sugar, high fibre and high protein food product. The product is produced naturally from apple by-products.
- InSight Technologies is developing EyeLine, a product that provides rapid on-site detection of patients at risk of primary open angle glaucoma.
- Kappa Diagnostics is developing clinically usable test equipment that allows for the measurement and early detection of vision problems in young children.
- NanoGene Biomedical Technologies is a start-up commercial enterprise focusing on the development of biomedical devices and products for cancer diagnostics and anti-cancer drug screening applications.
- Resilient Slip Friction (RSF) joint – The invention aims to provide a cost-effective, damage-free structural connection system to dissipate earthquake energy. Thus allowing the structure to be occupied again with minimal business interruption and repair costs after severe events.
- Simiary builds software tools to assist business, government, and research analysts to explore the human geographic context of data. It uses cutting-edge machine learning and innovative interactive interfaces.
- Surfeaz is developing a biodegradable, in-ear device is aimed at helping to eliminate surfers ear and the need for surgery.
- The Learning Collaborative is a social enterprise driven to build a stronger education pipeline for New Zealand’s secondary school students. It aims to achieve this through the provision of youth-on-youth services and tailored education consulting.
- WhereAbles aims to innovate the adaptive technology market with cost-effective, wearable solutions that help the visually impaired with orientation and mobility.
The Spark $100k Challenge is a business planning competition with a $100,000 prize pool that includes mentoring and feedback from industry experts, business workshops, a 1 on 1 IP session, seed capital and business incubation.
Each of the finalists will now complete a six week training and mentoring program to help them transform their venture summary into a first class business plan and pitch.
Alleasing looks forward to sharing details of the winners later this year.